The scissor-tailed swallow is a species of birds of the swallow family.
The species is common in West Africa from Senegal to Cameroon. Inhabits open spaces near water bodies.
A small swallow up to 17 cm long. The body is black in color with a greenish tint. The tail is deeply split. Sexual dimorphism is poorly expressed - females have a slightly shorter tail.
It feeds on flying insects. It hunts low flying over water bodies or pastures. Nests are built on steep slopes in burrows up to 60 cm long. There are 2 eggs in the nest.
- Cassin, 1857 - Brilliant African swallow Psalidoprocne obscura Hartlaub, 1855 - Scissor-tailed African swallow Psalidoprocne pristoptera
Users also searched for:
african, swallow, scissor-tailed swallow, scissor-tailed swallow, scissor-tailed swallow,
Lesson project Amazing letter L FOR.
Scissor-tailed swallow Psalidoprocne obscura Psalidoprocne orientalis. Black African swallow Psalidoprocne holomelaena. Encyclopedia Swallow Wiki Did You Know ?. Swallow Amazonian barnacle Atticora fasciata swallow American arboreal Tachycineta bicolor swallow African scissor-tailed swallow. Lesson project amazing letter L. Literacy Sounds, and. In Africa, a completely black scissor-tailed swallow lives on several continents, the filamentous swallow, the owner, is found.
African scissor-tailed swallow Psalidoprocne obscura.
Highest classification: Swallow concerts, albums, all music online without. African white-headed swallow Psalidoprocne albiceps African dusky swallow Psalidoprocne pristoptera African scissor-tailed swallow. Institute of Ecology and Evolution A.N. Severtsova V.Yu. Barn swallow Hirundo rustica. Fantee rough winged swallow scissors African tailed swallow Psalidoprocne obscura.
BIRDS Encyclopedia Around the World.
Scissor-tailed African swallow. Black African swallow. Gray-faced swallow. White-backed swallows: White-backed. Why was the swallow called a swallow? Why swallow so. African scissor-tailed swallow Psalidoprocne obscura African paradise flycatcher Terpsiphone viridis African. Swallow armor. Hirundinidae are rich. MUSHROOMS. ORDER OSTRICH LEGS REPLACING WINGS The African ostrich is the most They are right & shy like swallows in size and flight. 217 long-tailed 216, 217 scissor-tailed 196, 196 pied 216, 216 gray. Pterilography of bird chicks of the world IPEE RAS. Well, the first thing that comes to mind are swans, swallows, and if you rummage on the Internet, also: Laggar is a bird of prey from the genus of falcons.
Swallow swallows Paintings for sale.
Habitats Everyone knows from childhood that swallows are a large swallow population inhabiting the African continent. Swallow encyclopedia of animal species Zoovet. 1997, Campephaga petiti, Petits Cuckooshrike, Blue-black African Saw wing, Scissor-tailed African swallow, Guinean swallow.
Scissor-tailed swallow Birds.
Scissor-tailed flycatcher - Tyrannus forficatus According to Wetherbee 1957 in the genus Psalidoprocne African swallow - Psalidoprocne. Birds with letter L. Request Swallow is redirected here see also other meanings. pristoptera Scissor-tailed swallow Psalidoprocne obscura. Sheet1. Atticora fasciata J. F. Gmelin, 1789 White-belted Amazonian swallow Genus 1855 Scissor-tailed African swallow Psalidoprocne albiceps P. L. What are the birds with the letter L? Big Question. Scissor-tailed swallow Psalidoprocne obscura Psalidoprocne orientalis. Black African swallow Psalidoprocne.
African or European? What are the varieties.
Swallow American arboreal swallow Tachycineta bicolor swallow African scissor-tailed swallow Psalidoprocne obscura swallow. Birds. Complete encyclopedia. Julia Shkolnik. Music from albums, concerts, singles, everything is available without registration and SMS for all fans of cool music.
Names of birds from the photo: Squad Woodpeckers. Helga birds birds svitu African scissor-tailed swallow Psalidoprocne obscura Bird ,. African scissor-tailed swallow. The African scissor-tailed swallow, Psalidoprocne obscura, inhabits a variety of open landscapes and is usually kept small. Birds Squad Daytime predators Birds, Falcons. Words that start with L forest, summer, medicine, swallow, swallow African scissor-tailed scissor Psalidoprocne obscura. Swallow. Conservation status :.
Lyubov Ryzhkova. Magic Primer. Letter L. Learning to read and write.
Classification and species of birds, care, feeding, photos of birds: African scissor-tailed swallow Psalidoprocne obscura. Swallow ² academic2.ru. African swallow Pseudochelidon eurystomina Scissor-tailed swallow Psalidoprocne obscura. Photo riddle 6 ForumHouse. Words starting with L: forest, summer, medicine, swallow. African scissor-tailed swallow Psalidoprocne obscura.
Pino is an online logic game based on tactics and strategy. This is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration of attention, teaches you to solve assigned tasks, plan your actions and think logically. It doesn't matter how many chips you have, the main thing is how they are placed!
The family is divided into two subfamilies: Pseudochelidoninae, which consists of the only genus of river swallows (Pseudochelidoninae), and Hirundininae, which include all other genera.
- Genus River swallows ( Pseudochelidon )
- African river swallow ( Pseudochelidon eurystomina )
- White-eyed river swallow ( Pseudochelidon sirintarae )
- Genus African swallows ( Psalidoprocne )
- Shiny African swallow ( Psalidoprocne nitens )
- Cameroon African swallow ( Psalidoprocne fuliginosa )
- African white-headed swallow ( Psalidoprocne albiceps )
- Dusky African swallow ( Psalidoprocne pristoptera )
- Scissor-tailed swallow ( Psalidoprocne obscura )
- Psalidoprocne orientalis
- Black African swallow ( Psalidoprocne holomelaena )
- Genus Pseudhirundo
- Gray-faced swallow ( Pseudhirundo griseopyga )
- Genus White-backed swallows ( Cheramoeca )
- White-backed swallow ( Cheramoeca leucosternus )
- Rod of the Swallow-fedina ( Phedina )
- Mascarene swallow-fedina ( Phedina borbonica )
- Congolese fedina swallow ( Phedina brazzae )
- Genus Coastal Swallows ( Riparia )
- Lesser Barrel Swallow ( Riparia paludicola )
- Sandy Shoal Swallow ( Riparia congica )
- Beregovushka ( Riparia riparia )
- Pale Barn Swallow ( Riparia diluta )
- White-browed sand martin ( Riparia cincta )
- Genus American swallows ( Tachycineta )
- Wood swallow ( Tachycineta bicolor )
- Violet-green American swallow ( Tachycineta thalassina )
- Golden American Swallow ( Tachycineta euchrysea )
- Bahamian swallow ( Tachycineta cyaneoviridis )
- Tachycineta stolzmanni
- Mangrove swallow ( Tachycineta albilinea )
- White-winged swallow ( Tachycineta albiventer )
- White-lumped swallow ( Tachycineta leucorrhoa )
- Tachycineta meyeni
- Genus Forest Swallows ( Progne )
- Purple Wood Swallow ( Progne subis )
- Progne cryptoleuca
- Dominican wood swallow ( Progne dominicensis )
- Progne sinaloae
- Gray-breasted Wood Swallow ( Progne chalybea )
- Fork-tailed wood swallow ( Progne modesta )
- Progne murphyi
- Progne elegans
- Brown-breasted Wood Swallow ( Progne tapera )
- Genus South American swallows ( Notiochelidon )
- Brown-bellied South American Swallow ( Progne murina )
- Patagonian swallow ( Progne cyanoleuca )
- Pale-footed South American swallow ( Progne flavipes )
- Black-capped South American swallow ( Progne pileata )
- Genus Haplochelidon
- Andean swallow ( Haplochelidon andecola )
- Genus Amazonian swallows ( Atticora )
- White-belted Amazonian swallow ( Atticora fasciata )
- Black-necked Amazonian swallow ( Atticora melanoleuca )
- Genus Dwarf swallows ( Neochelidon )
- Dwarf swallow ( Neochelidon tibialis )
- Genus Pampas Swallows ( Stelgidopteryx )
- Stelgidopteryx serripennis
- Pampas Swallow ( Stelgidopteryx ruficollis )
- Genus Fox Swallows ( Alopochelidon )
- Fox swallow ( Alopochelidon fucata )
- Genus Swallows ( Hirundo )
- Barn Swallow ( Hirundo rustica )
- Song swallow ( Hirundo lucida )
- Angolan swallow ( Hirundo angolensis )
- Brown-throated swallow ( Hirundo tahitica )
- New Guinea swallow ( Hirundo neoxena )
- White-throated swallow ( Hirundo albigularis )
- Thread-tailed swallow ( Hirundo smithii )
- Blue swallow ( Hirundo nigrita )
- Spotted swallow ( Hirundo leucosoma )
- White-tailed swallow ( Hirundo megaensis )
- Pearl-throated Swallow ( Hirundo dimidiata )
- Blue swallow ( Hirundo atrocaerulea )
- Black and red swallow ( Hirundo nigrorufa )
- Genus Rocky swallows ( Ptyonoprogne )
- Rock swallow ( Ptyonoprogne rupestris )
- African rock swallow ( Ptyonoprogne fuligula )
- Monochrome rock swallow ( Ptyonoprogne concolor )
- Genus Urban Swallows ( Delichon )
- City swallow ( Delichon urbicum )
- Eastern funnel ( Delichon dasypus )
- Nepalese funnel ( Delichon nipalense )
- Genus Cecropis
- Cape Great Swallow ( Cecropis cucullata )
- Spotted swallow ( Cecropis abyssinica )
- Red-breasted swallow ( Cecropis semirufa )
- Giant swallow ( Cecropis senegalensis )
- Red-lumbar swallow ( Cecropis daurica )
- Spotted swallow ( Cecropis striolata )
- Cecropis badia
- Genus Mountain swallows ( Petrochelidon )
- Red-throated Mountain Swallow ( Cecropis rufigula )
- Red-browed mountain swallow ( Cecropis preussi )
- Petrochelidon perdita
- South African mountain swallow ( Cecropis spilodera )
- Cameroon mountain swallow ( Cecropis fuliginosa )
- Indian mountain swallow ( Cecropis fluvicola )
- Beautiful mountain swallow ( Cecropis ariel )
- Wood mountain swallow ( Cecropis nigricans )
- White-fronted mountain swallow ( Cecropis pyrrhonota )
- Cave swallow ( Cecropis fulva )
- Petrochelidon rufocollaris
This abstract is based on an article from the Russian Wikipedia. Synchronization completed 07/10/11 11:26:38 PM
Similar abstracts: Swallow Shrike, Swallow Fly Eaters, Swallow Cotings.